Wheeling and Cool Going Back
to School. Be Sure to Insure!
As your son or daughter heads back to school, some may be taking that “family vehicle” with them to have on campus. In most households, when the vehicle goes with your student, the car’s permanent address remains the parents’ house. It’s important to know, however, things can change when the car “permanently” moves if the young adult changes his or her address or stays at school for the school year.
If your student goes out on their own and has a new permanent address, he or she will likely need to purchase a new automobile policy under that new address. Take a few moments to call your insurance agent to discuss. Policy coverages vary widely and it is a smart idea to communicate any changes to your insurance agent so there are no coverage gaps in the event of a claim or accident. This would also be a good time to ask your agent about raising your liability limits if your son or daughter plans to include other students on the ride home and back to campus throughout the year. Ask your agent if an umbrella policy would be appropriate.
Also, if your student’s vehicle stays primarily garaged at your home while they are away at school, many insurance companies will provide a premium discount. Call your agent for more information. Always feel free to call us at The Czack Law Firm at (216) 696-9216 in the event you have questions about your insurance coverages or what your agent has told you.
About The Czack Law Firm
The Czack Law Firm has dedicated over thirty years to providing uncompromising, high-quality legal services, with a personal touch, to injury victims and their families. These services include:
• Automobile and
Motorcycle Accidents
• Commercial Truck
and Bus Accidents
• Construction Accidents
• Nursing Home
Negligence and Abuse
Medical Negligence
Insurance Claims and
Product Defects
Sports & Recreational
Inadequate Security
The Gray’s Block
1360 West 9th Street, Suite 300
Cleveland, OH 44113
(216) 696-9216