Medical Negligence and Surgical Error
• A $2,750,000 settlement against a surgeon for a traumatic brain injury caused by substandard surgical technique during outpatient laser surgery.
• A $2,500,000 award for the death of a wife and mother who was misdiagnosed by her HMO primary care physician for failing to recognize that a sudden, severe headache was actually an impending brain aneurism.
• A confidential malpractice settlement for birth injuries suffered by a minor as a result of improper techniques used by the delivering physician.
• A $770,000 medical negligence settlement for the death of a 71-year-old retired autoworker. The case resulted in safety changes being made in the hospital’s Intensive Care Unit.
• A confidential award to a 42-year-old engineer as a result of injuries suffered due to a wrong- site surgery.
• A confidential judgment for a child who sustained burns while at a babysitter’s home.
• A confidential settlement with a municipality for a minor child who was sexually assaulted while attending day care.
• A $400,000 injury award to an elderly woman who suffered severe shoulder injuries requiring surgery when she tripped and fell on a defective brick in the parking lot at a local restaurant.
• A $395,000 mediation result for a minor student who suffered spinal and leg injuries when a tree branch being cut by a homeowner fell through the windshield of the car in which she was a passenger causing the car to leave the road and roll over.
• A $375,000 result for teacher seriously injured when her air bag exploded after she struck an unmarked, unlit concrete post in a hotel parking lot during a snowstorm.
• A confidential homeowner’s insurance policy limits settlement to a minor who sufferred serious arm injuries after being injured on a neighbor’s trampoline which was improperly put together by the homeowner.
• Policy limit payment from youth league insurance company to a youth athlete who suffered a complex wrist injury when he fell out of the side of school stadium bleachers. The youth football coach took him and his team to watch the school team scrimmage, but failed to properly supervise the youths while they were in the stands. Also, the coach did not get permission from the parents to take the players to the scrimmage.
• A confidential settlement resulting from private mediation for a 70-year-okd woman who died from a leg laceration. Our client, who was in a wheelchair, cut her leg on a cart located just inside the entrance to her independent living apartment complex.
• A $275,000 judgment for an 82-year-old woman injured when an automatic door malfunctioned and closed on her as she was walking through the front door of a national grocery store chain.
• A confidential settlement to a woman who lost the tip of her finger when a chair she sat in at a commercial business came down onto her hand.
Product Defects and Malfunctions
• A confidential product liabilty settlement to a machine worker who had two fingers amputated in a press, which lacked the proper safety guards. Workers’ Compensation and VSSR safety claims were also a part of the global settlement.
• A $415,000 product liabilty settlement to a cyclist who suffered neck and head injuries when the throttle on his recreational dirt bike malfunctioned causing him to be thrown from his bike.